APS : Thursday, 14 January 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemns the series of terrorist attacks in Jakarta (Indonesia), expressing its “full” solidarity with the Indonesian government, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
“Algeria strongly condemns the series of terrorist attacks that shook Jakarta today, and expresses its full solidarity with the brotherly Indonesian government and people,” said the source.
“Algeria, which has always acted to destroy the terrorism scourge and called for a prompt and effective international action to defeat it, reaffirms its determination to continue working together with all its partners on the regional and international levels, to refine the fighting strategy against this phenomenon,” added the Ministry.
Five extremists launched an attack with explosives in the centre of Jakarta. According to medias, these attacks were later claimed by the self-proclaimed terrorist group, Islamic State (IS/Daesh).
Two people were killed in these attacks as well as the five assailants, according to Indonesian police.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister