APS : Monday, 30 January 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned in “the strongest terms” the despicable terrorist attack on the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec in Canada on Sunday evening, said Monday the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the despicable terrorist attack perpetrated yesterday evening against Muslim worshipers as they were performing a (Al-Isha) prayer in a Mosque in Quebec,” said Benali Cherif.
“This vile attack shows that Muslims have been once again targeted by terrorists, who cannot be associated with any cause, religion or faith. Through this act, they tried in vain to destabilize societies and undermine their cohesion, diversity and the peaceful coexistence of religions and cultures,” he added.
“In the face of this new demonstration of contempt for the sacredness of human life, we express our solidarity with the government and the people of Canada and we offer our condolences to the families of the victims,” said Benali Cherif.
“We reiterate our strong condemnation of terrorism and our commitment to continuing efforts to create the necessary synergies at the international level for the prevention and the eradication of the scourge,” concluded the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart