APS : Monday, 30 January 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned in “the strongest terms” the despicable terrorist attack on the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec in Canada on Sunday evening, said Monday the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the despicable terrorist attack perpetrated yesterday evening against Muslim worshipers as they were performing a (Al-Isha) prayer in a Mosque in Quebec,” said Benali Cherif.
“This vile attack shows that Muslims have been once again targeted by terrorists, who cannot be associated with any cause, religion or faith. Through this act, they tried in vain to destabilize societies and undermine their cohesion, diversity and the peaceful coexistence of religions and cultures,” he added.
“In the face of this new demonstration of contempt for the sacredness of human life, we express our solidarity with the government and the people of Canada and we offer our condolences to the families of the victims,” said Benali Cherif.
“We reiterate our strong condemnation of terrorism and our commitment to continuing efforts to create the necessary synergies at the international level for the prevention and the eradication of the scourge,” concluded the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region