APS : Saturday, 02 July 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned in the “strongest terms” the terrorist attack perpetrated in a restaurant in Dhaka in Bangladesh, leaving 20 dead in a hostage-taking, claimed by the Islamic State group Daesh/ISIS.
“We condemn in the strongest terms this attack and extend our solidarity with the government and people of Bangladesh as well as the families and governments of innocent victims,” said in a statement to APS the spokesman of Foreign Affairs Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
He added that terrorism “has stricken in Bangladesh where the terrorist hordes attacked, with a rare violence, foreigners benefiting from the hospitality and generosity of the Bangladeshi people in the holy month of Ramadan, month of piety, mercy and forgiveness.”
For the spokesman of the ministry, the bloody attack against innocent people in Holey Artisan Bakery Restaurant in Dhaka, “unveils the hideous face of terrorism and the bloody and murderous intentions of the perpetrators and the people behind these heinous acts.”
“On our part, we will resolutely continue to work to combine the efforts of the international community to mobilize all the means that can ensure an effective response against terrorism,” he said.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan