APS : Monday, 20 February 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned in the “strongest possible” terms the “barbaric” terrorist attack which hit Sunday the Somali capital, Mogadishu, and voiced its solidarity to the Somali people and government.
“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this barbaric attack and extend our condolences to the families and relatives of the victims, and express our deep sympathy and solidarity with the brotherly people and government of Somalia,” the Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdelaziz Benali Cherif told APS.
He added that “in the moment when Somalia and its people were planning, with optimism, to entre new era of peace, stability and national reconciliation following the holding of the recent presidential election, blind terrorism increases ferocity and causes mischief to sow desolation and spread chaos throughout the country.”
For the FM spokesman, the terrorist act committed which left several casualties “once more illustrates the willingness of terrorists to impose chaos by violence and terror to a people that aspire to peaceful life.”
The car bomb attack perpetrated Sunday by a suicide bomber in a busy marketplace in Somali killed 40 people.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار