APS : Sunday, 31 January 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned the escalation of Boko Haram terrorist attacks in Nigeria and Chad, said Sunday in Algiers spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“The terrorist attacks of Boko Haram have become almost daily and target mainly defenceless children, civilians and villagers,” Benali Cherif told APS following the series of terrorist attacks of Boko Haram in Nigeria and in sub-region countries.
It is the case for the deadly attacks perpetrated yesterday (Saturday) in villages near Maiduguri in Nigeria and today (Sunday) in the locality of Guie and the village of Miterine in Chad.
“We strongly condemn these attacks and we believe that the escalation of these criminal acts must be countered through strong and coordinated response of all the sub-region countries within the framework of the Multinational Joint Task Force and also through the mobilization of all means likely to strengthen their capacity to counter terrorist threats,” he added.
To that end, Cherif Benali stressed the need for solidarity between African countries as well as of the international community.
“We express our solidarity with these countries and ensure the families of the victims and the Nigerian and Chadian governments of our sympathy,” he concluded.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart