APS : Saturday, 16 January 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria on Saturday has condemned the bloody attack perpetrated by the terrorist group “Al-Shabaab” on the base of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), leaving several Kenyan soldiers dead, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
“Algeria offers its heartfelt sympathy to the families of the victims of the appalling attack and expresses its solidarity with the people and the government of Kenya,” said the communiqué.
“Algeria reiterates its support to the Somali government and to the African Union in their efforts to establishing stability in the brotherly country and eradicating the scourge of terrorism,” said the communiqué.
At least 50 Kenyan soldiers were killed Friday morning in Al-Shabaab group assault on the AMISOM base.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum