APS : Wednesday, 05 December 2018
GENEVA – Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Wednesday in Geneva told UN Special Envoy for Western Sahara Horst Kohler that Algeria is committed to contribute to the good conduct of the round table on Western Sahara conflict.
“Messahel expressed to Kohler the commitment of Algeria, as a neighboring country to contribute to the good conduct of the round table in Geneva, aimed at relaunching the negotiation process between the two parties to the conflict, Morocco and Polisario Front”
The meeting took place just before the start of the round table on Western Sahara, to which Algeria participates as neighboring country.
The round table is part of the Resolution 2440 of the UN Security Council.
Last October 31st, the Security Council called on Morocco and Polisario Front to resume the negotiations “without preconditions and in good faith” to reach a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution which guarantees self-determination of Western Sahara people.
Earlier this morning, the Algerian foreign minister held talks with President of the Davos Economic Forum, Borge Brende, and the founder of the forum, Klaus Schwab.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum