APS : TUESDAY 20 JULY 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad Ramtane Lamamra broached Monday with China’s State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi, on Monday, the establishment of a timetable
for the implementation of the bilateral strategic agreements, stressing that both countries are driven by a strong will to boost the partnership.
Speaking at the end of his talks with China’s foreign policy chief, Lamamra said that both sides have agreed to “work together until the end of the year for the implementation of the strategic agreements between the two countries,” noting that the agreements will be signed as soon as they are ready.
“I am convinced that the implementation of those major steps will lift up our partnership,” he said.
“The discussions provided an opportunity for the two countries to examine their strategic partnership, finding out that Algeria and China had managed to achieve many goals,” Lamamra said, stressing the existence of opportunities to move forward in several areas at the continental level.”
The head of the Algerian diplomacy said that the two countries are committed to raising the bilateral strategic partnership to the level of their historical political relations, which have always been the catalyst for Chinese-Algerian relations since the recognition by China of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Algeria in 1958.
Lamamra mentioned the audience granted by President Tebboune to the Chinese minister, an audience attended by many ministers leading departments involved in the strategic partnership with China.
“The discussions are still underway with the ministers of the concerned departments with a view to boosting the partnership.”
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation