APS : Tuesday, 01 December 2015
ALGIERS- Algeria has called on Libyans, Tuesday in Algiers, to “overcome their difference” to restore peace and stability in their country.
“We call on our Libyan brothers to overcome their differences because we are convinced that they want to put Libya above everything else,” said Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel at the 7thministerial meeting of Libya’s neighbouring countries.
The national interest of Libya is above “the ambitions of some parties,” said Messahel, stressing the need to pursue the UN-sponsored efforts.
Messahel also underlined the urgent need to find a solution to the Libyan crisis.
The 7th ministerial meeting of Libya’s neighbouring countries, which got underway Tuesday afternoon in Algiers, is part of the efforts for a political solution to the crisis shaking the country.
The meeting has resumed behind closed doors and will culminate in the adoption of a final statement.
Algiers meeting has brought all Libya’s neighbouring countries (Algeria, Egypt, Sudan, Niger, Chad and Tunisia), in addition to the African Union, Arab League and the European Union.
Libya is also represented in this meeting, which is attended by the new personal envoy of the UN secretary general for Libya Martin Kobler.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister