APS : Sunday, 16 April 2017
ALGIERS – Algeria and Azerbaijan on Sunday have signed the first Memorandum of Understanding on the legal and judicial co-operation.
It has been inked in Algiers by Minister of Justice Tayeb Louh and Azerbaijani Justice Minister Fikret Mammadov.
Following the signing ceremony, Louh said that the signing of the MoU, the first on the legal and judicial co-operation will allow the two countries to exchange their experiences and consolidate the bilateral cooperation.
Algeria and Azerbaijan were considering the signing of agreements on the extradition of criminals and penal cooperation, the minister revealed which recalling the progress made by Algeria in terms of the reform for justice modernization, in accordance with the Constitution amendments of 2016.
Louh also stressed the special interest granted by President Abdelaziz Bouteflika to the application of reforms aiming at guaranteeing the public rights and freedoms of citizens and “to ensure security and stability.”
He outlined the efforts made to combat the organized crimes, chiefly terrorism, detailing the counterterrorism comprehensive approach adopted Algeria, based on the international cooperation.
Azerbaijani Justice Minister voiced his country’s readiness to building new avenues of bilateral cooperation, notably in justice and expressed its wish to benefit from the Algerian experience in terms of the introduction of Information and Communication Technologies in the justice sector.
Mammadov who welcomed the Algerian e-model said that justice modernization has positive impact on human rights protection.
He paid tribute to President Abdelaziz Bouteflika his inestimable efforts in this field.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina