APS : Wednesday, 02 November 2016
ALGIERS- General Secretary of Foreign Ministry Hassane Rabehi held talks on Wednesday in Algiers with Deputy Secretary of Australia’s Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ric Wells, as part of the political consultations between the two countries.
“There were very positive consultations which have allowed us to discuss the bilateral relations and the common-interest international and regional questions as well,” Rabehi said in a statement to the press.
He added that Algeria and Australia work to establish partnerships in various sectors and exchange visits at the parliamentary and cultural levels.
Stressing that Australia assigns “big importance” to the cooperation with Algeria, Rabehi said that this country “hailed” Algeria’s role within the international organizations and in the region, namely for peace, security and development.
Wells, as for him, has said that these consultations are intended to “deepening” the bilateral cooperation in various fields, notably in “the fight against terrorism and cooperation in the mining sector.”
In the same regard, Wells expressed his “admiration to the Algerian successful experience in the fight against terrorism.”
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart