APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS – Ahmed Maiteeq, first vice-president of Libyan presidential council on Tuesday in Algiers hailed Algeria’s “support” to the political dialogue in Libya.
In a statement to the press of the talks he had with minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, the Libyan official said that “the Algerian position regarding Libya is very clear, since the beginning of the political dialogue.”
Maiteeq added that Messahel affirmed that Algeria provides “support to the Libyan political agreement and supports the presidential council.”
He has also welcomed the “permanent support” of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and the Algerian government to the settlement of the Libyan crisis.
The Libyan official recalled the bonds of brotherhood and friendship linking the Algerian and Libyan peoples, while stating that Libya will remain grateful to Algeria for having supported it in his ordeal
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya