APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS – Ahmed Maiteeq, first vice-president of Libyan presidential council on Tuesday in Algiers hailed Algeria’s “support” to the political dialogue in Libya.
In a statement to the press of the talks he had with minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, the Libyan official said that “the Algerian position regarding Libya is very clear, since the beginning of the political dialogue.”
Maiteeq added that Messahel affirmed that Algeria provides “support to the Libyan political agreement and supports the presidential council.”
He has also welcomed the “permanent support” of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and the Algerian government to the settlement of the Libyan crisis.
The Libyan official recalled the bonds of brotherhood and friendship linking the Algerian and Libyan peoples, while stating that Libya will remain grateful to Algeria for having supported it in his ordeal
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister