APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS – Ahmed Maiteeq, first vice-president of Libyan presidential council on Tuesday in Algiers hailed Algeria’s “support” to the political dialogue in Libya.
In a statement to the press of the talks he had with minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, the Libyan official said that “the Algerian position regarding Libya is very clear, since the beginning of the political dialogue.”
Maiteeq added that Messahel affirmed that Algeria provides “support to the Libyan political agreement and supports the presidential council.”
He has also welcomed the “permanent support” of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and the Algerian government to the settlement of the Libyan crisis.
The Libyan official recalled the bonds of brotherhood and friendship linking the Algerian and Libyan peoples, while stating that Libya will remain grateful to Algeria for having supported it in his ordeal
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification