APS : Monday, 01 August 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of National Solidarity, Family and Women’s Issues Mounia Meslem called Sunday to continue the peaceful struggle against the attitudes the African women are suffering from.
In an address marking African Women’s Day (July 31), Meslem said those attitudes place African women under the yoke of illiteracy and deprive them from their rights, urging them to continue their peaceful fight against such behaviours.
The minister stressed the role of African women’s organizations in raising awareness in this respect, underlining the strengthening of their contribution to economic and social development.
At a ceremony attended by Minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi, diplomats accredited to Algiers and members of the civil society, Meslem mentioned the commitments relating to the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), especially those regarding the improvement of the laws facilitating the opening of economic opportunities to women.
She emphasized Algerian women’s gains in various areas, and which are enshrined in the recently revised Constitution, including employment and promotion to leading positions.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart