APS : Monday, 07 November 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s commitment to restoring peace and security in Africa has been praised Monday by African young people, including students, living in Algiers.
“We greet your continuous action and commitment, in various African regions, to restore peace and security to favour stability, a prerequisite to the development and emancipation of the continent, of which you are among the most ardent, the most sincere and the most listened to defenders in international fora,” African youths wrote in a letter to the head of State, read at the end of a meeting about the celebration of the African Youths Day.
The young African students living in Algiers also paid a “deserved” tribute to President Bouteflika for “his commitment and devotion to Africa cause and for the sacrifices he is still making for the development of the continent.
The authors of the letter thanked President Bouteflika “for having allowed thousands of African students to get access to Algerian universities to acquire knowledge enabling them to achieve the best integration and participation to sustainable development in Africa.”
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart