APS : Wednesday, 30 November 2016
ALGIERS- Africa will defeat colonialism and racial discrimination when all peoples decide their future to live with dignity in their countries,” said Wednesday in Algiers Minister of State, Minister of Foreign affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra.
“It is our duty to talk about the struggle of those who have not had the opportunity to exercise their inalienable right to self-determination, freedom and independence. In this regard I would mention the case of Palestinian and Sahrawi peoples,” said Lamamra in his closing address at the international symposium on Algeria’s contribution to the decolonization in Africa.
“Writing the history of liberation wars in Africa has become a collective necessity in an era, where some feign forgetting the sacrifices of their ancestors and predecessors,” said Lamamra, underlining the need to preserve the history of Africa and the archives of those countries for the new generations.
He added that the works of the two-day meeting, organized by the ministries of Foreign Affairs and Mujahideen (Liberation War veterans) under the patronage of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, “was an opportunity to look at the glorious past… through the vivid testimonies and the expressed positions of the participants, including historical figures, historians and researchers.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy