Africa Day was celebrated on Saturday, June 29, 2019 in the National Theater Park ‘Ivan Vasov’ in Sofia. This wonderful day was inaugurated by H.E. Mrs. Latifa BENAZZA, Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria, and Dean of the African Group.
A significant number of distinguished guests, Bulgarian citizens and foreign tourists came to enjoy African music, costumes, souvenirs and traditional dishes and dance to African rhythms in an atmosphere of friendship and conviviality.
This celebration, placed under the motto “A healthy lifestyle prolongs life” received wide coverage by Bulgarian media, including television, print media, and social networks …
This year, Africa Day was celebrated by the diplomatic missions of Algeria, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and the Honorary Consulates of the Seychelles and Uganda.
At a ceremony held at the Algerian Embassy in Sofia on 1st August, 2019, H.E. Mrs. Latifa Benazza, Ambassador of Algeria and Dean of the Group of Heads of Mission and Honorary Consuls of African Countries resident in Bulgaria, presented to Mrs. Violeta Yaneva, Director of the Nadezhda Senior Citizens Facility in Petrovo, Blagoevgrad Region, a donation on behalf of the Group. The funds for this donation were collected during the celebration of Africa Day in Sofia on June 29th.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister