Africa Day was celebrated on Saturday, May 26, 2018 in the National Theater Park in the very heart of Sofia. The event, inaugurated by Mrs. Iliana Iotova, Vice-President of the Republic, received wide media coverage.
This celebration placed under the theme “Africa in Bulgaria” and organized by the African diplomatic missions accredited to Bulgaria, among which the embassies of Algeria, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Sudan, did not fail to draw the attention of a large audience to the rich cultural heritage of Africa. Both locals and visitors of the Bulgarian capital enjoyed the music, costumes, souvenirs and traditional dishes from the continent and were quick to mingle with African dancers and singers in an atmosphere of friendship and conviviality.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum