APS : Sunday, 07 February 2016
ALGIERS- The amended Constitution will allow Algeria to start a “new era,” said Sunday the chairman of the Parliament Abdelkader Bensalah.
“The revision of the Constitution, which is a major achievement, will open a new era to our society,” said Bensalah at the closing of the plenary session of the Parliament .
“The amended Constitution doesn’t only organize powers but defines the reference points of Algeria’s future,” said Bensalah, underlining that this revision is “the crowning of the reform policy initiated by President of the Republic.”
In this regard, he underlined that the revision “has come to reaffirm the national identity by strengthening the position of Arabic language and raising Tamazight language to the rank of official language.”
He considered that the revision of the Constitution “strengthens the rule of law, reaffirms the independence of justice, protects young people, strengthens individual and collective freedoms and offers the opposition more spaces of expression.”
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum