APS : Sunday, 07 February 2016
ALGIERS- The amended Constitution will allow Algeria to start a “new era,” said Sunday the chairman of the Parliament Abdelkader Bensalah.
“The revision of the Constitution, which is a major achievement, will open a new era to our society,” said Bensalah at the closing of the plenary session of the Parliament .
“The amended Constitution doesn’t only organize powers but defines the reference points of Algeria’s future,” said Bensalah, underlining that this revision is “the crowning of the reform policy initiated by President of the Republic.”
In this regard, he underlined that the revision “has come to reaffirm the national identity by strengthening the position of Arabic language and raising Tamazight language to the rank of official language.”
He considered that the revision of the Constitution “strengthens the rule of law, reaffirms the independence of justice, protects young people, strengthens individual and collective freedoms and offers the opposition more spaces of expression.”
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan