APS : Friday, 30 June 2017
ADDIS ABABA- Two Algerians have been elected Friday in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) by the African Union Executive Council by an overwhelming majority in the bodies of this continental organization.
The elected Algerians are Maya Sahli Fadel, re-elected as a member of the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights and Hocine Ait Chaalal, elected as a member of the African Union Consultative Council on Corruption.
They were elected during the 31st AU Executive Council whose works started Friday with the participation of Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel.
These two Algerians will be appointed by the Conference of AU Heads of State and Government which holds its 29th session on 3-4 July in Addis Ababa.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart