A screening of the documentary “A Celebration of Hope” organized by the Bulgarian Antifascist Union
H.E. Mrs. Latifa Benazza, Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria, was invited by the Bulgarian Antifascist Union to attend a screening of “A Celebration of Hope”, a Christo Ganev Bulgarian documentary shot in 1962 in the Algerian maquis and Tunisia-based Algerian refugee camps and reporting the people’s jubilation as Algeria’s Independence was proclaimed on 5 July of the same year.
Addressing the audience, the Ambassador highlighted the coincidence of the film projection with two important events: the commemoration of the 56th anniversary of 17 october 1961 marked by the bloody repression against peaceful Algerian demonstrators by the colonial police force in Paris, and the upcoming celebration of Algeria’s National Day, the 1st of November.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart