APS : Saturday, 02 February 2019
ALGIERS- Foreign Affairs Minister Abdelkader Messahel will hold talks with High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherni and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
Messahel will attend the 5th Euro-Arab Ministerial meeting, scheduled for Monday in Brussels, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Saturday in a communiqué.
The meeting will be an opportunity to “discussing bilateral relations under the Association Agreement and addressing common security and development challenges in the region,” said the source.
Messahel will also take part in a meeting, organized at the initiative of the European Union, on “multilateralism and regional dialogue”.
He will also hold talks with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg to address “Algeria-NATO relations and conflict situations,” said the same source.
Moreover, security challenges such as terrorism, organized crime and illegal migration will also be discussed during this opportunity,” added the same source.
During his visit, the Foreign Minister will make a presentation to the NATO Council on “Algeria’s experience in the fight against terrorism and its contribution to regional stability”, concluded the source.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum