APS : Wednesday, 16 January 2019
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel will co-chair with his Maltese counterpart Carmelo Abela the 15th Meeting of Foreign Ministers of the 5+5 Dialogue on the Western Mediterranean,
to be held in Valletta (Malta) on 17-18 January 2019, said Wednesday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
This meeting which will be held under the theme “Working Together: A Sustainable Future for the Western Mediterranean,” will focus on the “examination of socio-economic, political and security issues in the region, with a particular emphasis on the role of young people to ensure a sustainable and inclusive development in the two shores of the Mediterranean,” said the source.
In addition to Foreign ministers of the members States of “5+5 Dialogue,” this new meeting, in Malta, will be marked by the participation of the high representative of the European Union (EU) for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and secretaries general of the Union of the Arab Maghreb and the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM).
“It will be the opportunity for our country to emphasize its Mediterranean policy focusing on the promotion of the good neighborliness ties and the contribution to the establishment of a peace, security and shared prosperity space in the Western Mediterranean basin,” said the source.
Algeria, which co-chaired the 5+5 Dialogue in the past two years with France then with Malta, hosted the 14th Meeting of the 5+5 Foreign Ministers in Algiers on 21 January 2018, which brought together all the Foreign ministers of this Dialogue’s member countries, said the source.
It also organized in 2018 the 3rd MedThink Forum, the 3rd Finance and Investment Conference of the 5+5, the 2nd Ministerial Blue Economy Conference in the Western Mediterranean.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie