APS : Tuesday, 25 April 2017
ALGIERS- The People’s National Army, represented by the Naval Forces Command, held the 9th session of the Navy Chiefs of Staff of the 5+5 Defence, on Tuesday in Beni Messous, in Algiers.
The meeting is part of the implementation of the 2017 action plan of 5+5 military cooperation, adopted by the Defence ministers of the 5+5 initiative member States.
The works of the session, attended by the Navy chiefs of staff of 5+5 Defence member States, were chaired by Major General Haouli Mohamed El Arbi, on behalf of Deputy Minister for National Defence and Army Chief of Staff, Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah.
“The meeting is a precious opportunity to exchange views and experience on issues of common interests of our naval forces in order to advance towards the achievement of the targeted goals through the initiative, which has become a reference of regional cooperation,” he said.
“The Army high command, which provides the Algerian Naval Forces with all means to counter security threats, is aware of the necessity to work jointly as part of the regional security cooperation, particularly, under the 5+5 Defence initiative, in accordance with the international regulations and with mutual respect for the national sovereignty of each state,” he added.
The session aims at strengthening cooperation between the 5+5 initiative naval forces in the fields of maritime security, surveillance and safety in the Western Mediterranean.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles