APS : Thursday, 15 December 2016
ORAN (Algeria)- The 4th high level seminar on peace and security in Africa will be held from 17 to 19 December in Oran said Thursday, the ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In addition to the minister of State, minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra, several ministers of Foreign Affairs of African countries will take part in this three-day event such as those from Angola, Egypt, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Nigeria, Senegal and Chad.
Experts and representatives of African and UN organizations will also participate in this meeting, said the source.
The seminar will broach several issues and themes relating to security and peace in the African continent such as the evaluation of the implementation of the recommendations and the actions advocated at the end of the previous editions.
The third High level seminar on peace and security in Africa was held in Oran from 20 to 22 December 2016.
At the end if this African meeting, the participants recommended the strengthening of African cooperation in the fight against drug trafficking and larger consultations on its operational aspects against this cross-border organized crime phenomenon, which is a financing source of terrorism in the same way as ransom payment, calling for the universalisation of the ban on ransom payments.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation