Saturday, 17 December 2016
ORAN- The 4th High Level Seminar on Peace and Security in Africa has opened on Saturday in Oran (431 km west of Algiers), an the initiative of the Foreign Ministry.
The works of the three-day seminar, chaired by Minister of State, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Ramtane Lamamra, are attended by ministers of foreign affairs of Ethiopia, Chad and Angola.
The participants also include experts and representatives of African and UN organizations.
The seminar will address several issues and themes related to security and peace in Africa, like the assessment of the implementation of the recommendations and the actions advocated by past seminars.
The seminar’s agenda includes several lines that will be debated in the workshop, such as “Silencing weapons by 2020”, “Partnership between the AU Security Council and the UN Security Council,” “Financing of AU Peace and Security Supporting Operations.”
The meeting will also be an occasion to highlight Algeria efforts in the fight against terrorism and the strengthening of peace and security at the regional and African levels.
These efforts include the establishment of suitable mechanisms such as the criminalization of ransom payments, the peaceful resolution of conflicts and the strengthening of security coordination between the concerned countries.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region