APS : Thursday, 26 January 2017
BARCELONA (Spain)- Algeria, through the secretary general of the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Hassan Rabehi, stressed the importance of a global approach to migration, combining security, development and respect of human dignity.
“A global approach on migration combining security, development and respect of human dignity is the only way to put an end to the tragedy of migrants’ death in the Mediterranean,” Rabehi said at the second regional forum of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) devoted to youths, on Jan 23-24 in Barcelona, Spain.
“Fleeing wars, crises and poverty, many young people from the southern Mediterranean shore try to cross the see scarifying their own future and their country’s.”
The fight against illegal migration requires “an integrated approach that combines security dimensions, through collaboration in the fight against crime and human trafficking networks, development, to address the root causes of the phenomenon, and respect of human dignity.”
Facilitating the obtention of visas and people’s movement, according to Rabehi, will contribute to reducing illegal migration to Europe.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony