APS : Tuesday, 07 March 2017
CAIRO- Algeria and the Arab League signed Tuesday, at the headquarters of the Arab League Secretariat General in Cairo,
an agreement on the observer mission of the Arab League in the legislatives elections of May 2017.
The agreement was signed by Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and the Secretary General of the pan-Arab organization Ahmed Abou El Gheit.
The agreement of the Algerian government with the Arab League defines the legal framework of the observer mission in the forthcoming legislative elections.
Abou el Gheit affirmed, after the signing of the document, that the “Arab League will contribute with an important number of observers of the organization’s secretariat general to ensure the legal monitoring of the elections.”
In this regard, he welcomed the constitutional reforms initiated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart