APS : Sunday, 17 December 2017
ALGIERS- The 11th annual meeting on the focal Points of the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT) kicked off Sunday, in Algiers, in the presence of the centre’s Director Larry Gbevlo-Lartey Esq,
African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security Smail Chergui and Secretary General of Foreign Affairs Ministry Noureddine Layadi.
This two-day meeting will be an opportunity to analyse the current state of terrorism in the African continent, improve the coordination in the fight against terrorism and determine the way to follow to advance the objectives of the fight against this cross-border scourge.
The previous meeting took place in Algiers on 14 December 2016.
The focal point is the institution chosen by each country to represent it at the Centre, which opened in October 2004. It also could be the Ministries of Interior, Defence or Foreign Affairs of the member countries.
AU established ACSRT, whose headquarters is in Algiers, to coordinate the individual and collective efforts (among the African countries) to face the terrorist threat, by issuing recommendations.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation