APS : Wednesday, 06 December 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria and France seek to strengthen their security cooperation and the fight against terrorism, especially in the Sahel-Saharan region, said Wednesday in Algiers French President Emmanuel Macron.
“Algeria and France agreed to strengthen their security and counterterrorism cooperation, especially in the Sahel-Saharan region, where we are working together,” said Macron after his discussions with President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
In this regard, he said that he discussed with the Head of State regional issues and willingness to find a solution to the Libyan crisis.
“Stability in Libya is an issue on which we are also working with initiatives by France,” he added.
Macron said that they also discussed statements made by US President Donald Trump on Palestine.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied