Yousfi, Lord Risby discuss Algerian-British economic partnership
APS : WEDNESDAY 08 NOVEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Industry and Mining Youcef Yousfi received Wednesday, in Algiers, Lord Richard Risby, representative of the British Prime Minister in charge of economic partnership with Algeria.
This meeting allowed broaching the evaluation of bilateral relations in the economic field.
In this regard, Yousfi stressed the need to further develop the economic relations outside the hydrocarbon sector, by boosting the investments of the British companies in Algeria with regard to the huge potential offered by the Algerian market.
The two sides discussed the prospects to increase the economic cooperation, already existing in several fields.
“We discussed, today, the possibility to develop partnerships in food-processing industries, mining industry, pharmaceutical industry and training, notably in the specialized sectors,” Yousfi told the press following this meeting.
The two sides broached the possibility to export some Algerian industrial products.
For his part, Lord Risby showed his interest in the development process of the industry and mining sector in Algeria which, according to him, “augurs a very promising future” for the industrial partnership between Algeria and Great Britain.
Concerning trade cooperation, he underlined the range of possibilities in this field.
A certain number of British companies are already operating in Algeria such as GSK and Astrazeneca in the pharmaceutical industry, Unilever in the production of detergents, Eire Mazraa in breeding for milk production and HSBC in finance.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée