APS : Saturday, 03 February 2018
ALGIERS- Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament) is taking part in the 277th extraordinaire session of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)’s executive committee, to be held February 3-4 in Geneva, Switzerland,
a council’s statement said Saturday.
Top on the meeting’s agenda the Inter-Parliamentary Union’s strategy for 2017-2021, an assessment by experts of IPU action, the new chairmanship’s view about the union’s role and activities and IPU systems’ review.
The council of the Nation will be represented by senator Fouzia Ben Badis, member of the Inter-Parliamentary Union’s executive committee.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan