APS : Wednesday, 20 June 2018
ALGIERS- The representative of UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) in Algeria, Hamdi Bukhari, on Wednesday commended Algeria’s tradition of0 active solidarity,
underlining the contribution and mobilization of donators to the accommodation and protection of refugees.
“We would like to commend the tradition of active solidarity of Algeria and the Algerian people and thank the government for the accommodation and protection it provides to (Saharawi) refugees in the camps of Tindouf as well as in urban areas,” Bukhari said in an address marking the World Refugee Day.
The World Refugee Day, celebrated under the theme “Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees,” is a significant opportunity to “praise and stress the contribution and mobilization for accommodating and protecting refugees, asylum seekers and displaced people everywhere in the world.”
According to Bukhari, the world day is meant to shed light on the situation of refugees and raise awareness of the imperative need to shelter and protect them.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation