APS : Saturday, 04 June 2016
ALGIERS- Algerian novelist Ahlam Mosteghanemi was solicited to become the “UNESCO artist for peace” and its “Peace Messenger” for a period of two years
said, Saturday, a source of the UN agency.
The Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Irina Bokova invited the Algerian novelist to closely associate her activities to that of the Organization for the whole duration of this mandate.
The source said that the UNESCO chose one of the most influential and most sold Arab novelist in the world because of her work for women’s rights, inter-cultural dialogue and the fight against violence.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart