APS : Saturday, 04 June 2016
ALGIERS- Algerian novelist Ahlam Mosteghanemi was solicited to become the “UNESCO artist for peace” and its “Peace Messenger” for a period of two years
said, Saturday, a source of the UN agency.
The Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Irina Bokova invited the Algerian novelist to closely associate her activities to that of the Organization for the whole duration of this mandate.
The source said that the UNESCO chose one of the most influential and most sold Arab novelist in the world because of her work for women’s rights, inter-cultural dialogue and the fight against violence.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum