APS : THURSDAY 09 JANUARY 2020
ALGIERS – Algeria offered its condolences to the families of the victims of the Ukrainian airliner that crashed on Wednesday shortly after taking off from Tehran airport.
“It is with deep sorrow that we have learned the news of the crash of the Ukrainian passenger plane on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, shortly after it took off from Tehran airport, whose passengers, of all nationalities, perished,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdelaziz Benali Cherif said in a statement.
“Following this tragic accident, Algeria offers, in these painful circumstances, its deepest condolences to the families of the victims and expresses its sincere feelings of compassion and sympathy with the governments of Iran, Canada, Ukraine, Sweden, Afghanistan, Germany and Britain,” the spokesman added.
A Boeing 737-800 belonging to Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) crashed Wednesday morning shortly after takeoff from Tehran airport, killing 176 people.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart