APS : Sunday, 15 January 2017
ALGIERS- The National Office of Tourism (ONT) will take part in the 37th International Fair of Tourism and Travel (SITEV), scheduled from 18 to 22 January in Madrid (Spain), said Sunday a communiqué of the Office.
The Algerian participation in this event aims at promoting destination “Algeria” in the Spanish market, which is among the first five countries that export tourists to Algeria, given the long-standing ties between the two countries, according to the communiqué.
In order to promote the country’s image, Algeria will exhibit over an area of 123.5 m², with a decor combining modernity and authenticity, highlighting the country’s specificities and the richness of its architectural heritage.
This stand will allow the Algerian operators, including companies of transport, tourism and communication agencies as well as hotelkeepers, to present and exhibit the Algerian product and to meet foreign operators.
Craftsmen from different fields, notably ceramic and leather craft, will lead workshops on site during this event to enable the visitors to discover the methods used in these two crafts and the Algerian heritage in general.
SITEV is the second most important European event on tourism, after Berlin International Tourism Exchange, the biggest professional fair bringing together notably the operators of the countries of Latin America and southern Europe.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya