APS : Sunday, 16 December 2018
ALGIERS- The 13th International Andalusian and Ancient Music Festival, to be held from 18 to 25 December at Algiers Opera, will host 13 countries from Africa, Europe,
America and Asia, said Saturday the festival’s commissioner Aissa Rahmouni.
Devoted to the medieval period, the festival will be held under the theme “Music and Peace, living together in peace.”
Senegal, Hungary and Sweden, which participate for the first time in this festival, are invited alongside Spain, Turkey, Greece, Lebanon, Tunisia, Egypt, Iran, Argentina, Morocco and Afghanistan.
The participating countries will present their traditional music programme, dating back to the middle ages and performed with old instruments.
Fusions are also expected in this festival, like the Spanish troupe “Zyriab Calo” with its Flamenco-Andalusian programme, as well as the duet between Lamia Ait Amara and Greek Elena Vasileiadi.
Algeria is represented in this festival by Hamdi Benani, to whom the festival reserves a tribute, Hamidou, P’tit Moh and Nouri Koufi and the groups “El Gharnatia” of Kolea, “Nassim El Andalous” of Oran and the female troupe “Lemma de Bechar.”
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied