The Embassy of Algeria to Bulgaria has the pleasure to invite you to the Algerian Evening on 21 January 2015 at 19h at Cinema House(Dom na kinoto). There will be screened the movie Mascarades,directed by the young Algerian director Lyès Salem.
Algeria-France (2008) 94′
Director: Lyès Salem
Writers: Lyès Salem, Nathalie Saugeon
Cinematographer: Pierre Cottereau
Producers: Yacine Laloui, Isabelle Madelaine
Cast: Lyès Salem, Sarah Reguieg, Rym Takoucht
Mounir Mekbek lives with his family in a small village in the heart of the Algerian countryside. Very proud and sure of himself, he has only one dream- to finally be appreciated by his fellow villagers. Screwing up his carefully maintained image is his headstrong, narcoleptic sister Rym who falls asleep anywhere and whom the village is convinced will end up a spinster. One evening, Mounir returns from town drunk and announces that he’s found a suitor for his sister. The fake story snowballs and snowballs until the suitor morphs into a rich, blonde Australian. The village begins preparing for the wedding in earnest – but without a bridegroom in sight.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan