Taking into consideration reliable information about the existence of a real and imminent threat targeting our diplomats and consular staff, it has been decided, in coordination with Libyan authorities, to proceed to the closure of our Embassy and Consulate General in Tripoli as a precautionary and urgent measure.
While emphasizing the temporary nature of this measure dictated by the difficult security conditions, we reassert our solidarity with the Libyan people and authorities, and our support for the efforts to build the rule of law and establish peace and security throughout Libya’s territory.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister