Taking into consideration reliable information about the existence of a real and imminent threat targeting our diplomats and consular staff, it has been decided, in coordination with Libyan authorities, to proceed to the closure of our Embassy and Consulate General in Tripoli as a precautionary and urgent measure.
While emphasizing the temporary nature of this measure dictated by the difficult security conditions, we reassert our solidarity with the Libyan people and authorities, and our support for the efforts to build the rule of law and establish peace and security throughout Libya’s territory.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار