APS : Tuesday, 13 March 2018
ALGIERS- National oil group Sonatrach is in talks with three foreign partners for the execution of petrochemical projects, the group’s chief executive officer, Abdelmoumene Ould Kaddour, told APS on Tuesday.
“Sonatrach is negotiating with French Total, Italian ENI and a Turkish partner, and an agreement is expected to be reached by the end of the year,” Ould Kaddour said during a signing ceremony for an agreement on a transfer, to Sonatrach, of Italian ABB’s shares (50%) in the Algerian firm for the execution of industrial projects “SARPI.”
Sonatrach had concluded, in January 2017, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Italian Versalis (subsidiary of Italian group Italian ENI) about studies relating to petrochemical projects.
The MoU with Versalis is about feasibility studies for the building of petrochemical complexes in Algeria and the strengthening of cooperation between the two companies.
In April 2017, Sonatrach and Total had signed an agreement to extend cooperation between the two sides in the petrochemical industry.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya