APS : Wednesday, 20 June 2018
OSLO-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Tuesday held talks with Representative of the United Nations Secretary General Ghassane Salame on the sidelines of his participation in the Oslo Forum.
The talks focused on the latest developments of the situation in Libya.
Salame informed FM Messahel of the latest developments of the situation in Libya in the light of the Paris meeting and its decisions. He also informed Messahel of the political and economic context in the country and the future steps in the implementation of the United Nations roadmap.
For his part, Messahel reiterated Algeria’s support to the UN roadmap and the efforts made by the UN Representative to help the Libyans resolve the crisis.
Algeria also hailed the efforts to support the political process led by the UN.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum