APS : Monday, 13 February 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said Monday, in Algiers, that the security cooperation between Algeria and Mali is strengthening every day.
Security cooperation between Algeria and Mali “which does not date from today, strengthens every day because the terrorist threat is increasing,” Messahel told the press at the end of a meeting with the Malian minister of Security and Civil Protection, Salif Traore.
“At each opportunity given to us, we exchange information and see what the next steps are in coordination, which is done within the bilateral and multilateral framework,” he added.
Messahel explained that this coordination “is made to face the terrorist threat which is now doubled, particularly with the increase of organized crime and illegal immigration.”
Regarding the implementation of the Peace and Reconciliation agreement in Mali, resulting from the Algiers process, Messahel recalled the progress made in the high-level meeting of the agreement’s follow-up committee, held Friday in Bamako (Mali) under the chairmanship of Algeria, stressing to have noticed “a dynamic in this regard.”
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار