Security cooperation between Algeria, Mali strengthens “every day”
APS : Monday, 13 February 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said Monday, in Algiers, that the security cooperation between Algeria and Mali is strengthening every day.
Security cooperation between Algeria and Mali “which does not date from today, strengthens every day because the terrorist threat is increasing,” Messahel told the press at the end of a meeting with the Malian minister of Security and Civil Protection, Salif Traore.
“At each opportunity given to us, we exchange information and see what the next steps are in coordination, which is done within the bilateral and multilateral framework,” he added.
Messahel explained that this coordination “is made to face the terrorist threat which is now doubled, particularly with the increase of organized crime and illegal immigration.”
Regarding the implementation of the Peace and Reconciliation agreement in Mali, resulting from the Algiers process, Messahel recalled the progress made in the high-level meeting of the agreement’s follow-up committee, held Friday in Bamako (Mali) under the chairmanship of Algeria, stressing to have noticed “a dynamic in this regard.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée