APS : Sunday, 28 February 2016
ALGIERS-Portugal’s Foreign Minister Augusto Santos Silva stressed Sunday in Algiers that President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika “is a great friend of Portugal.”
“President Bouteflika is a great fr0iend of Portugal. He is very attentive to the development of bilateral political and economic relations,” Santos Silva affirmed after his meeting with the Head of State.
The two countries share “common positions” within international organizations, Santos Silva added.
After recalling that Algeria hosted Portuguese fighters during Salazar’s dictatorship, the Portuguese FM highlighted President Bouteflika’s “key role” during this era.
Thanks to President Bouteflika’s efforts, Algeria and Portugal inked a Treaty for Friendship, Good Neighbourhood and cooperation in January 2005.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار