APS : WEDNESDAY 13 JANUARY 2021
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum paid Wednesday a working visit to the Kingdom of Lesotho, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
Boukadoum was received in audience by Prime Minister Moeketsi Majoro, and met with his counterpart, Matsepo Ramakoae, the minister of Foreign Affairs and International Relations.
The talks focused on assessing the bilateral relations between the two countries and examining ways and means of strengthening multi-sectoral cooperation,” the statement said.
A special focus was put on the need to finalize the legal framework and revitalize the contacts at all levels ahead of the inaugural session of the Joint Commission.
Regional and international issues of common interest were also addressed.
According to the statement, both sides agreed on the need for further coordination within regional and international organizations, to defend the principles of international law and to achieve the objectives of the continental organization in terms of peace, security and development.
With regard to the conflict in Western Sahara, the two sides stressed the imperative for the African Union and the United Nations to work together to launch a genuine political process to complete the decolonization process.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune