APS : Sunday, 15 December 2019
ALGIERS-Russia has expressed willingness to “strengthen” and “expand” its relations with Algeria after the election of Abdelmadjid Tebboune as President of the Republic on Thursday.
“We hope that with the election of the new Algerian head of state, the multifaceted relations between Russia and Algeria will be further strengthened and expanded,” said Russia’s Foreign Ministry in a statement.
“On 12 December, a presidential election took place in the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria. According to the results published by the National Independent Authority for Elections (ANIE), the independent candidate and former Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune won the election with 58.15% of the vote,” the statement said.
Russia considers “this important national political event as a major step.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy