APS : Sunday, 15 December 2019
ALGIERS-Russia has expressed willingness to “strengthen” and “expand” its relations with Algeria after the election of Abdelmadjid Tebboune as President of the Republic on Thursday.
“We hope that with the election of the new Algerian head of state, the multifaceted relations between Russia and Algeria will be further strengthened and expanded,” said Russia’s Foreign Ministry in a statement.
“On 12 December, a presidential election took place in the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria. According to the results published by the National Independent Authority for Elections (ANIE), the independent candidate and former Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune won the election with 58.15% of the vote,” the statement said.
Russia considers “this important national political event as a major step.”
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification