APS : Friday, 29 January 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Trade Kamel Rezig received Thursday the UN Resident Coordinator in Algeria, Ambassador Eric Overvest, with whom he broached cooperation between Algeria and the United Nations in terms
of trade, the ministry said in a statement.
The meeting, at the ministry’s headquarters, was an opportunity to discuss partnership projects with UN agencies, mainly the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), reads the statement.
The minister tackled the reforms initiated by the government for the recovery of the economy, the promotion of the trade sector and the updating of several laws that will make more adequate the business and investment climate.
The UN ambassador praised the efforts made by Algeria, through the ministry of Trade, to diversify exports and promote non-hydrocarbon exports, which is, he added, in accordance with the general policies of the United Nations and its agencies.
Overvest also said that he was fully prepared to bring technical and consulting assistance, through the UN.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo