APS : Wednesday, 26 February 2020
ALGIERS- Minister of Trade Kamel Rezig met Tuesday, in Algiers, the UK Prime Minister Trade Envoy to Algeria Lord Richard Risby, with whom he tackled several economic issues of common interest, the ministry said in a statement.
During the meeting, also attended by UK Ambassador to Algiers, Barry Robert Lowen, the minister of Trade emphasized “the effectiveness of partnership between the two countries as well as the volume of British investments in Algeria.”
He added that the new government focuses on a productive economy, according to the statement.
Rezig expressed the readiness of his ministerial department to continue bilateral consultation to create stronger investment opportunities and step up communication links between Algerian and British investors.
He also underlined the determination to bring up the share of non-hydrocarbon exports, establish new partnership mechanisms and extend them to various fields.
The United Kingdom’s envoy praised “the historical relations between the two countries,” commending the economic par internships achieved so far and the bilateral trade volume that has reached two billion pounds sterling.
He said that Algeria is one UK’s major economic partners in Africa, adding that his country seek to boost trade with Algiers after the withdrawal of the UK from the European Union (Brexit).
He also praised the facilitations provided by Algeria to investors and the business climate in the country.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification