APS : TUESDAY 13 JULY 2021
ALGIERS- President of the Republic of Niger, Mohamed Bazoum, said Tuesday in Algiers where he is on a working and friendship visit, that the final reopening of borders with Algeria will allow a “quite natural”
promotion of trade between the two countries.
Following discussions with President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune at the Presidency of the Republic, President of the Republic of Niger expressed his wish to see the borders with Algeria “permanently” reopened.
According to President Bazoum, this reopening will allow promotion of bilateral trade between the two countries.
He also said he told President Tebboune of the “great” program in the region of Diffa, located in the far east of Niger, and which consists of bringing all the populations displaced since 2015 because of insecurity in their villages.
This operation should involve more than 100,000 people, he said.
While describing as “fruitful” the exchanges he had with President Tebboune, Niger’s president said he is convinced that this operation will give e “fresh impetus” to cooperation between Algeria and Niger.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune