APS : Monday, 04 June 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria is one the countries with the highest installed capacity in renewable energy and a major producer in the field in Africa, the Centre for Renewable Energy Development said Monday in a statement.
In reference to a report the expert network REN21 (Renewable Energy
Policy Network for the 21st Century) released Monday, the total renewable energy production capacity worldwide, including hydroelectric power, increased from 2,017 GW in 2016 to 2,195 GW in 2017.
China followed by the United States, Brazil, Germany then Indi are the countries that have the highest cumulative installed capacity in renewable energy worldwide.
Concerning Africa, the report mentioned South Africa (1.8 GW) and
Algeria (about 0.4 GW) as the countries with the highest installed capacity by the end of 2017.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea