APS : Monday, 03 February 2020
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Sunday bestowed the Medal of National Merit “El Athir” to his Tunisian counterpart Kaïs Saïed who is on a state visit to Algeria.
This medal represents recognition to the Tunisian president and Tunisia for their positions throughout History, notably during the National Liberation War and its support to the shared sacrifices of the two countries, and a tribute to the bilateral relations marked by understanding, mutual help and cooperation that enhanced security, peace and stability.
The ceremony took place at the People’s Palace on the sidelines of a dinner offered by the President of the Republic in honour of his Tunisian host.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum